Since the start of the current global pandemic – COVID 19, workers all over the world have decided that safety is of utmost importance so they have requested their employers if they could work from their respective homes. This sudden change in the workspace landscape has caught a lot of people off guard especially since working long hours at home is not as ideal as it usually is when working in the office.
According to an April Facebook survey from the American Chiropractic Association, 92 percent of chiropractors (out of 213 respondents) said that patients report more neck pain, back pain or other musculoskeletal issues since the stay-at-home guidance began. This is the reason why it is necessary to be equipped with the most comfortable office chair for long hours of sitting and working.
- Long work hours? This is advice for your long day at a desk.
- Top 10 Best Comfortable Computer Chair for Long Hours in 2020
- 1. BERLMAN Ergonomic High Back with Adjustable Armrest, Lumbar Support Headrest Swivel
- 2. Neo Chair Ergonomic Desk Chair
- 3. Furmax Office Chair Leather Gaming Chair
- 4. Big & Tall Executive Office Chair
- 5. ComHoma Desk Chair Ergonomic Office Chair
- 6. Hbada Office Task Chair Swivel Home Comfort Chairs
- 7. Smugdesk Mesh Ergonomic Office Desk
- 8. Neuhaus Ergo3D Office Chair
- 9. ZLHECTO Ergonomic Desk Chair with Adjustable Height and Lumbar Support
- 10. XUER Ergonomics Office Chair
- Features of an Ergonomically Designed Computer Chair
- Frequently Asked Questions on Computer Chairs For Long Hours
Long work hours? This is advice for your long day at a desk.
As mentioned, since the start of the pandemic and stay-at-home guidance, it has been a challenge for most people on how to have a work-life balance, especially when the main thing differentiating your work and life – the office, is now out of the picture!
This is why longer than the mandatory 8 hours per day workday has been increasing for most people. With this being said, investing in the best office chair for sitting long hours might just save your life.
The previous statement is not an exaggeration because studies have shown that long periods of sitting can lead to posture-related back and neck problems. Don’t get me started on the importance of your spine! Without a long use office chair, you do not only risk discomfort but the possibility of facing permanent back and neck damage.
Top 10 Best Comfortable Computer Chair for Long Hours in 2020
1. BERLMAN Ergonomic High Back with Adjustable Armrest, Lumbar Support Headrest Swivel
Also known as Zenith High Back Mesh Office Chair, this is considered as one of the best chairs for all day sitting because it is made of nylon with breathable mesh back. It has a stable and durable integrated frame, a built-in lumbar support and headrest to help you with right sitting posture and protect your neck and waist. It’s Tilt Lock Mechanism with Tilt Tension Knob and Pneumatic Seat Height Adjustment will match different body types.
You can flip the arms up and slip the chair under the desk to save space. It also boasts a heavy-duty base with smooth and silenced rolling PU casters with 250lbs weight capacity.
2. Neo Chair Ergonomic Desk Chair
Neo Chair is known to be a professional chair manufacturer. They claim to produce the best chair for long hours because of the materials they use in their computer chairs. Their chairs are made of heavy-duty nylon base for extra durability; deluxe 3D air mesh for breathability; dual wheel casters which roll smoothly and silently on any surface; can handle up to 300 lbs weight capacity.
Other features include extra lumbar support for lower back; ventilated seat padding which prevents sweating and tilt-locking ability.
3. Furmax Office Chair Leather Gaming Chair
Furmax is a high back office and gaming chair made up of leather and bucket seats with padded armrest. It has a stable 5-star base with 360 degrees swivel wheels which run smoothly on any surface. It features a pneumatic seat-height adjustment of 15.2″-18.3″; seating area dimension of 19.8″X19.8 ” and backrest size: 19.8″X26.5″ with a maximum weight capacity of 280 lbs.
With high quality leather and mesh design, their chairs are durable and breathable, providing maximum comfort to the user. It also features tilt ability for resting and easing back pressure from time to time.
4. Big & Tall Executive Office Chair
This product boasts a heavy-duty Metal base and nylon rolling casters that has great stability and mobility. It also has a soft PU leather upholstery and unique appearance, strong wear resistance, high elasticity, good hand feel for that extra comfort.
They also have an adjustable height via gas lift which passed the BIFMA and SGS tests, extra thick padded armrest and headrest to absorb the weight and pressure from your neck and back and can carry up to 500 lbs capacity. This ergonomic chair can be reclined up to 120 degrees for comfortable rest hours and they claim to be the best chair for long hours of sitting.
5. ComHoma Desk Chair Ergonomic Office Chair
ComHoma is a good office chair for long hours because of its classic and minimalist design, flip-up padded armrests, breathable mesh material and thick padded seat cushion. It also boasts a pneumatic seat height adjustment; Tilt lock function(angle adjustable); 360 degree swivel; Solid rolling casters for smooth movement.
6. Hbada Office Task Chair Swivel Home Comfort Chairs
If you’re looking for a simple, sleek and safe-spacing chair for long sitting, Hbada got you covered. As an early pioneer in the Ergonomic Office Chair, Hbada has become well-known in the world with its advanced product research & development, excellent product quality and perfect after-sale service. Thus, this chair features an ergonomic backrest that fits the natural curve of the lower back to support your spine, flip-up arms to save space when not in use and comfort when typing and high density mesh back.
Hbada Office Task Chair also has a 120° tilt tension, pneumatic height adjustable from 17.7 inch to 21.2 inch – which matches different body stature and weight capacity of 250 lbs. To add, it has a heavy-duty base with smooth and silenced rolling casters.
7. Smugdesk Mesh Ergonomic Office Desk
This product features an ergonomic design which is best for long periods of sitting because this was designed to fit your body (back) curve, ensuring comfort. It is made up of breathable materials and can support a weight of up to 300 lbs. It also has a tilt-able backrest for resting, lumbar pad to absorb spine pressure and headrest for neck and head support.
8. Neuhaus Ergo3D Office Chair
Neuhaus Ergo 3D has 3D Adjustable Armrest and Lumbar System, ElastoMesh, 135 Degree Back Tilt, Smooth HydraLift, Dual Castors (and a BONUS set of hardwood floor Rollerblade Castors). Its mesh headrest adjusts up and down while the 3D Adjust Arms go forwards, back, up and down, and rotate for the best fit to your body. The 3D Lumbar Support hugs your back, while the seat glides up and down.
Their breathable ElastoMesh provides optimal airflow to avoid sweating and sticking. They also boast a super lounge tilt of up to 135 degrees with the support of their 5-point base with dual castors and can carry up to 275 lbs.
9. ZLHECTO Ergonomic Desk Chair with Adjustable Height and Lumbar Support
For a very simple-looking desk chair, ZLHECTO has a lot to offer. Its seat is made of authentic cotton cushion which is super comfortable. The breathable, tear resistant mesh back has built-in lumbar support curve, 5 cm adjustable lumbar support for different height requirements. It is also designed to have a rounded corner which makes it very child friendly. It has a nylon base and dual caster wheels for added stability and mobility.
10. XUER Ergonomics Office Chair
No wonder this chair is highly rated on Amazon because of its features including being certified by BIFMA and SGS, can carry a weight of up to 330lbs and seat cushion made of sponge with mesh-covered that will last for a long time.
It’s multi-dimensional free rotating headrest helps protect the cervical vertebra, adjustable arms in PU covered, 3.93in height adjustable gas lift and 360° rotation. The tilt function with position lock and 126 ° back adjustment are also present for your rest periods.
To help support the weight on your hips, the thick cushion has a W-shaped design and the front edge of the seat looks like a waterfall which helps reduce the pressure on the thighs as much as possible while sitting down.
Features of an Ergonomically Designed Computer Chair
In general, a good ergonomically designed computer chair should be adjustable. This is to allow the user to control and customize the settings/features of his chair for better fit. Below are the features of an ergonomic chair:
- Seat height – Optimal seat height is where you are able to place your feet flat on the floor hence ergonomic chairs should be adjustable to cater to people of different heights/lengths.
- Seat width and depth – Seat width should be considered especially for people who are bigger. Depth on the other hand should leave between 2-4 inches from the back of your knees so as not to put pressure on it.
- Seat tilt – Tilt-ability of a chair allows the user to position his pelvis correctly. Pelvis should be in a neutral position when sitting, with 80-degree angles at the hips, knees and ankles.
- Backrest Lumbar support – The backrest should support the natural “S” shape of the spine.
- Backrest recline – Adjustable backrest allows the user to take some of the weight from the upper body and reduce pressure on his spinal disk and muscles.
- Swivel – This allows the user to reach stuff from different directions without much strain or standing from the chair.
- Armrests – This allows the shoulders to relax. Adjustable armrests are preferred because when typing, this should not be used so as not to strain your wrists.
- Headrest – This supports the back of the head and neck.
- Materials – An ergonomic chair should be made up of comfortable materials.
- Wheels – For better mobility, choose wheels that are perfect for your floor. For a hard surface, a chair with rubber wheels is best. For carpeted floors, opt for hard wheels.
Frequently Asked Questions on Computer Chairs For Long Hours
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions on computer chairs for long hours:
What should I look for in an ergonomic chair?
An ergonomic chair should have lumbar support, armrests, height adjustment and a padded seat, will provide you with all the comfort you need.
How to sit properly when using computer chairs for long hours?
Your feet should be laying flat on the floor, your seat height adjusted in relation to the height of your screen.
Am I too big for a regular computer chair?
Most chairs are designed in consideration to bigger people. If you think you are too big, you can check the manufacturer’s website to find the chair suited for you. They usually include the weight capacity of each chair and the width of the seat.
Can’t I use fixed chairs (wooden chairs) for long hours?
Of course you can! However, ergonomic chairs are designed to allow you to sit comfortably for a long period of time. It provides support for the different parts of your body which receive pressure from sitting.
What do I need to do before deciding to buy a certain chair?
It is best to research first on the features you want your chair to have. You should also consider the reviews and ratings left by verified buyers on their site. The price of the product is also a consideration because an excellent product costs time and money to research.
Ergonomic objects are designed to make our interaction/use of that object safe and easy. For chairs, especially 10-hour office chairs, having an ergonomic chair only does half of the job. You also need to learn how to sit properly. Once you’ve mastered or are aware of how to sit properly, that’s the time you can truly get the full benefits of an ergonomic chair.